|reminds me a bit of a folding magnifying glass I once had...|
I might be tempted to try something like that in combination with my SM-mirror
Let me help you out here. How about a gadget for $35 what does the trick?
"The ClearViewer is a folding high-diopter lens which lets you view and focus on the LCD screen with your eye right up to the lens, less than 2 inches away from the LCD. You can use the LCD screen almost as you would an electronic viewfinder, and can see fine detail very clearly, in all sorts of lighting."
Head over to clearviewer.com for more info.
Add a grip, a wide angle lens adapter and a 3x eye piece
But how to shoot if you are alone?
Then a Chest Mount Harness comes in handy.
As usual, there are several solutions, read the user reviews to find out for any weaknesses.
Here is a DIY Camera Chest Mount video
On a bicycle with a Sony HX9V in a chest harness
Put it in a bag, put it in a bag
like this one here for $25
To clarify about the bags, there are different qualities out there and it is always a good thing to read some user reviews to see if there is a problem with the bag, like the Delkin Jellyfish, or not. It is also a good idea to have a little pouch with desiccants (highly absorbent material) inside the bag to catch any moisture what tries to sneak in.
Protects against rain, sand and dust great for the beach, playgrounds or amusement parks (splash zones and rides).
Take pictures underwater while snorkeling. For diving you will need to shop for a marine case as we discussed earlier here. Look for something like the Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing.
And if you need to get a grip for video like I showed you on my HX5 blog, there are now several people who offer you something like that like this guy here for just $18 straight from Oregon.
* transfer grip from camera body to the Super Grip camera handle
* steady you hand, clarity of the picture quality is greatly improved
* reduce the chances your camera will get dropped in the dirt
* quick to attach and remove, just a simple thread-on action
* the anti-slip rubber grip is easy to hold, even when wet
* an attractive grip made of quality products, unmatched by others
* the lanyard will provide safety in the most challenging situations
* completely water-proof and submersible in fresh or saltwater
* includes a stainless steel screw, won't rust or deteriorate
* lightweight handle at the approximate weight of 4oz